Find a bill: To search for legislation, Congressional activity, what has been said on the floor, and more, Thomas.gov is here to serve you.
House Floor Actions: Current and previous House floor proceedings can be found on the House Clerk's website here.
The Appropriations Process:
Each year, the President proposes a budget which recommends funding levels for the upcoming fiscal year that begins October 1st. The House and the Senate then consider their own budget resolution that sets spending limits for the next fiscal year.
- President’s FY 2015 Budget
- Most arts related provisions can be found in the Appendix
- House FY 2015 Budget
- Senate FY 2015 Budget
12 appropriations measures provide funding for specific programs and accounts within the federal government while adhering to the spending limits outlined by the budget. Appropriations legislation provide funding for agencies and programs across the federal government.
Key Arts-related Appropriations bills:
- Arts in Education within Department of Education
- Office of Museum Services within Institute of Museum and Library Services
- National Gallery of Art
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting (PBS, NPR)
- National Endowment for the Arts,
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts
- Commission of Fine Arts
- Institute of American Indian and Alaska Native Culture and Arts Development
- Smithsonian Institution